Pamela N. Lee is a partner at Swift Currie with more than 15 years of experience practicing in the firm’s litigation section. Pamela devotes her entire practice to litigation, including various tort liability litigation, insurance coverage disputes and the defense of insurance bad faith matters. Her liability practice is wide and varied, encompassing premises liability, product liability, escalator and elevator liability, automobile liability and general personal injury law. She represents companies in the food, automobile and retail industries.
Pamela counsels clients in all stages of litigation, including trial and appellate work. She has secured victories at the Court of Appeals on a premises liability matter and a sexual assault case, as well as the successful defense of a spoliation claim.
Pamela keeps her clients informed at every step of the process and works with them to create an effective strategy early in the case to avoid wasted time and excessive legal bills
Pamela serves as the president-elect on the Executive Committee of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association and is a member of the steering committees for three Defense Research Institute sections: Retail and Hospitality, Women in the Law and Trial Tactics. Pamela also serves as vice chair of the Defense Research Institute Litigation Skills Committee. At Swift Currie, Pamela is a member of the Hiring Committee.
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016-present
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Retail and Hospitality, Women in Law and Trial Tactics Committees
- Defense Research Institute, Litigation Skills Committee (Vice Chair, 2022-2023)
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (2022-2023 President-Elect, 2021-2022 Treasurer - Executive Committee, 2019-2020 Secretary - Executive Committee, past Vice President)
- State Bar of Georgia, Statewide Judicial Evaluation Committee
Outside of the office, Pamela served on the governing board of Brighten Academy in Douglasville, Georgia, from 2014 to 2016. Brighten Academy was awarded the distinction of Georgia Charter School of the Year for 2014. Pamela is the mother of one son and two daughters and is an active member of Crossroads Church in Sharpsburg, Georgia.
- Defense verdict on a premises liability case where a housekeeper fell through the attic of the home she was cleaning.
- Defended a case for a fast food chain. The plaintiff claimed over $200,000 in medical expenses and asked the jury for millions of dollars. After apportionment, only $500.00 was awarded against the defendant and, due to a statutory Offer of Settlement served in the case, the defendant received an award of attorney’s fees that wiped that verdict out.
- Defended a restaurant chain in a premises liability action and received a defense verdict
- Defense verdict in a case where a patient at an urgent care claimed that a nurse practitioner sexually assaulted her. The plaintiff asked for $5,000,000. That case was appealed through the Supreme Court and the defense won at every level.
- "2019 Georgia Legal Awards - Midsize Firm, Personal Injury Defense: Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers,” Daily ReportDaily Report, 06.20.2019
- Swift Currie Partner Pamela Lee Named to State Bar of Georgia's Statewide Judicial Evaluation Committee09.21.2021
- Austin, TX, 02.03.2023
- WEBINAR: Navigating Uncharted Territory - Defense Against Sex Trafficking Litigation Across the CountryWebinar, 12.16.2020
- Hilton Nashville Downtown, 06.28.2019
- Park MGM Las Vegas, 03.20.2019
- Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta, 11.01.2018
- Hotel Management, 05.20.2021
- Today's General Counsel, 04.05.2021
- CLM Magazine, 07.22.2020
- Insurance Coverage Law Report, 05.16.2019
- Daily Report, 08.01.2018
- "Ethically Navigating PR Issues in Mass Casualty or Large Loss Case," DRI Trial Skills and Damages Seminar, March 2019
- Group Leader, Mercer University School of Law Orientation on Professionalism, Sponsored by State Bar of Georgia Committee on Professionalism and the Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism
- “Spoliation – The Basics,” GDLA Spoliation Seminar
- “Apportionment in Georgia: Sharing the Blame,” Webinar
- “Business Risk Exclusions,” Association of Corporate Counsel
- “Risk Transfer,” Atlanta Claims Association Luncheon
- “An Overview of Spoliation Law in Georgia,” Swift Currie Webinar
- “Deposition Practice Tips,” DRI Retail and Hospitality Seminar, Young Lawyers Breakout
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Mercer University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
College of William and Mary (B.S., 2003)