F. Lane Finch, Jr., is an analytical and creative problem solver with more than 30 years of experience counseling insurance carriers on a broad range of claims and coverage disputes, including small claims, nine-figure class action litigation, coverage towers up to $500 million and everything in between. He advises insurers on first- and third-party claims in Alabama related to construction, personal injury, products and professional liability, property and casualty claims, catastrophic injury, death, bad faith and extra-contractual disputes.
Lane’s clients benefit from his role and experience as a leader in the insurance industry, including his service as the chair of the DRI's Insurance Law Committee. Through his connections from this committee with more than 2,500 members and his role planning educational programming for events, Lane is uniquely positioned to stay abreast of the latest trends in insurance issues, including how courts are behaving and in what direction decisions are trending
Leveraging his vast experience and extensive understanding of the insurance industry, Lane works with clients to reduce their liability through summary judgment, mediation and, if necessary, trial.
Lane has a broad network of fellow leaders in the national insurance bar and continues to advance the discussion on the key developments affecting his clients. Lane provides unique client services, such as using his network to develop a specialized coverage training program covering all 50 states for a large national auto insurer.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2013-present
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review, 20+ years
- Super Lawyers® (Business Litigation), 2008-2009
- ABA, Section of Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, Outstanding Subcommittee Chair, 2010-2011
- Alabama State Bar
- State Bar of California
- DRI (Chair, Insurance Law Committee, 2018-present; additional leadership roles)
- American Bar Association
In the past year, Lane achieved positive results for clients through summary judgment in cases involving claims ranging from just over one million dollars to a class action claim asserting damages of more than $100 million. He was also called in at the last minute to assist in settling a medical malpractice death claim and saved the insurer hundreds of thousands of dollars through aggressive redirection of the litigation and his negotiation skills.
- “14 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers 2019, R. Briggs Peery Named Lawyer of the Year,” Atlanta CityBizList, Metro Atlanta CEO08.17.2018
- “On the Move: Two Swift Currie Attorneys Appointed to Leadership Roles,” Birmingham Business Journal04.20.2018
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019
- Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, 12.05.2019
- DRI For the Defense, 12.20.2019
- PropertyCasualty360, 10.01.2019
- Birmingham Business Journal, 10.30.2017
- ACC Docket, 10.26.2017
- ACC Docket, 10.26.2017
- "The Additional Insured Conundrum: Who Else is Covered, for What and When?" DRI Insurance Coverage and Claims Institute, March 2018
Hastings College of the Law, University of California, J.D.
California Polytechnic State University, B.S.