Brian C. Richardson has a diverse practice that includes work in the firm’s arson and fraud, automobile litigation, bad faith litigation, commercial litigation, construction law, insurance coverage, property insurance and trucking litigation practice areas. His clients, which include large insurance companies, benefit from his extensive expertise and the open dialogue he provides related to their cases.
Brian assisted when Swift Currie opened its Alabama office, which gave him a unique perspective and allowed him to see the development of the office from the ground up. He has had an opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of different matters, including bad faith litigation, products liability, Special Investigation Unit investigations (where he conducted examinations under oath to investigate arson, fraud and material misrepresentations), uninsured motorist litigation, trucking, property and Section 1983 claims. This experience showcases his dedication to providing strong legal strategies for his clients, coupled with timely communication, that keeps them informed on all the issues involving their case.
Brian also works with businesses and individuals on matters related to employment, wrongful death, transportation and products liability. Brian has experience with federal Section 1983 class action lawsuits, including matters with plaintiff demands of over $500 million, which were dismissed with prejudice during the dispositive motion phase.
Brian brings extensive knowledge of the construction industry to his practice, which he cultivated while working as an estimator and project manager for a large regional general contractor prior to becoming an attorney. As a result of this experience, he understands the inner workings of how the construction business operates, from the bidding process to the construction of multimillion-dollar health care facilities, schools, banks and wastewater treatment plants.
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018-Present
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association, Membership Committee
- Defense Research Institute, Vice Chair of Construction Substantive Law Group for Insurance Law Committee Insurance Coverage and Claims Institute, Social Media Chair for 2019 CLE
Brian enjoys hunting, fishing and spending time with his wife and children. He is also a member of Dawson Baptist Church in Homewood, Alabama.
Richardson has had success in federal court with Section 1983 class action lawsuits in summary judgment.
- Daily Report, 01.03.2020
- “On the Move: Two Swift Currie Attorneys Appointed to Leadership Roles,” Birmingham Business Journal04.20.2018
- WEBINAR: UM . . . Is This Covered? A Helpful Summary of Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage in AlabamaWebinar, 04.07.2021
- Webinar, 09.16.2020
- Webinar, 04.16.2019
- Business Alabama, 07.30.2021
- Construction Claims, 02.25.2021
- PropertyCasualty360, 01.02.2020
- Construction Executive, 09.27.2019
- Construction Executive, 10.22.2018
- Legal Assistant
Cumberland School of Law at Samford University (J.D., 2012)
Auburn University (B.S., 2007)