William “Bill” T. Casey, Jr., is a Swift Currie partner with over 35 years of experience defending serious injury cases. He primarily works with large insurance companies and national retailers — many of which he has nurtured long-term relationships spanning decades — on claims related to premises liability, construction defect, transportation and automobile accidents and products liability.
Bill has tried more than 100 cases to verdict, many of which involved wrongful death and catastrophic injuries. Additionally, he has served as counsel in high-profile appellate cases before the Court of Appeals of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, including one of the leading cases on landowner liability for the criminal acts of third parties.
While in law school, Bill worked in the claims department of a national insurance company, which gave him unique insight that he now uses in his practice. He has a deep understanding of what insurance companies and risk managers need to know about a case. Bill also ran his own law firm for 30 years, which helped him further hone his efficiency and effectiveness as an attorney.
Bill dedicates a great deal of time sharing his knowledge through articles and lectures. As a board member of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (GDLA) and faculty member of its Trial & Mediation Academy, he helps young attorneys sharpen their courtroom skills. In addition, he has spoken at trial tactics seminars held by the Defense Research Institute (DRI), where he has provided demonstrations of winning closing arguments. Bill also shares his knowledge with his clients by educating them on how juries reach verdicts and what drives awards up or holds them down.
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2014 – present
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- “Legal Roundup: Swift Currie Adds New Attorneys in Atlanta and Birmingham,” Birmingham Business Journal04.02.2018
- “Swift Currie Bolsters Litigation Groups With Three Lateral Partners and 17 New Attorneys,” Metro Atlanta CEO04.02.2018
- 42 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Rankings, Robert Potter Earns Lawyer of the Year08.20.2020
- Webinar, 03.25.2021
- Webinar, 07.30.2020
- Webinar, 06.20.2019
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Assistant
Woodrow Wilson College of Law (J.D., 1983)
Georgia College (B.S., 1978)