Jeff K. Stinson is a Swift Currie partner who has more than 15 years of experience counseling clients through difficult workers’ compensation claims and advocating on their behalf. During this time, he has developed longstanding relationships and become a trusted adviser to his clients, which include insurance companies and employers in a diverse spectrum of industries, such as retail sales, childcare, education, trucking and transportation and religious institutions, to name a few.
Jeff’s attention to detail and thoroughness ensure his clients’ cases are looked at through careful and critical eyes. Because of his diligence, he has been able to spot crucial details or pieces of evidence that often get overlooked. Additionally, he prides himself on being responsive to and always available for his clients and ensures he understands his clients’ business models and goals so he can represent their best interests. Knowing his clients and their businesses is key to his successful practice and enables his ability to provide full-service representation as if he were in-house counsel.
Jeff honed his strong skills in the courtroom when he interned at a solicitor general’s office in Douglas County during law school. In this role, he prosecuted misdemeanor crimes, and that raw, hands-on experience helped him become comfortable in any kind of courtroom and fast on his feet in front of judges and juries.
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010
- Atlanta Bar Association
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association, Workers' Compensation Committee Co-Chair
- Risk and Insurance Management Society
Outside of work, Jeff enjoys spending time with his family and dog and cheering on the Georgia Bulldogs.
- The Daily Report, 07.11.2022
- Risk & Insurance, 06.28.2022
- Maggiano's Cumberland Mall, 05.10.2023
- Tampa, FL, 03.30.2023
- Jeff Stinson Speaking at 2022 CLM Workers' Compensation and Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality ConferenceChicago, IL, 05.19.2022
- WEBINAR: When Good Employees Behave Badly - Fights, Horseplay and Willful Misconduct Defenses in GeorgiaWebinar, 11.10.2021
- WEBINAR: Why Does It Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me? Surveillance and Investigations in a Digital AgeWebinar, 11.04.2020
- Webinar, 05.10.2017
- Claims Journal, 07.26.2022
- Daily Report, 02.09.2022
- Today's General Counsel, 01.08.2021
- Georgia CEO, 07.30.2019
- Daily Report, 06.03.2019
- Risk Management, 12.05.2018
- Legal Assistant
Georgia State University College of Law (J.D., 2003)
University of Georgia (B.S., 2000)