Rebecca Strickland defends insurance carriers, as well as insured businesses and individuals, in coverage disputes, commercial litigation, premises liability and commercial transactions that involve nuances or special complexities.
Rebecca has defended insurers in coverage disputes from examination under oath through jury trial. She is a zealous advocate for her clients, particularly when handling cases involving potentially fraudulent claims. In addition, Rebecca has tried multiple liability cases, including personal injury cases and business disputes, to verdict. Rebecca has handled business disputes valued at more than $1 million and matters involving claims ranging from $60,000 to more than $2 million.
Rebecca focuses her practice on first-party property claims, bad faith claims and defense of insureds. That practice includes experience in complex commercial litigation, including contractual, royalty and franchisor/franchisee disputes. She has represented clients in matters involving the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TPCA) and Fair Business Practices Act. Her practice also includes prosecuting trademark applications and defending clients in copyright, trademark, trade secret and complex commercial litigation matters. Rebecca is a registered patent attorney.
Before beginning her law practice, Rebecca was a consultant and manager at Accenture. She has programmed in Fortran, COBOL and SQL. Rebecca also worked on Y2K compliance and designed payroll, human resources, hotel billing, banking and cash management, and other financial systems for U.S. and Canadian companies. In addition, she managed a software support team that was based in the U.S. and the Philippines.
Rebecca brings a varied and comprehensive background to her practice, which gives her a broad perspective and enables her to resolve the most complex questions and challenges that arise during a claim. She earned her undergraduate degree in chemical engineering.
Her unique technical background allows her to address nontraditional claims. She has more than 20 years of experience solving problems in a creative and organized manner.
- AV Preeminent ® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star by Atlanta Magazine, 2012-2014, 2017
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia IASIU
- State Bar of Georgia
- Represented an insurer as a plaintiff in a declaratory judgment action and as a counter-claim defendant in a coverage dispute through jury verdict.
- Defended an insurer in a coverage claim against the insured and its mortgagee. Obtained a jury verdict against the agent for issuing the policy at issue in breach of the agency-company agreement. Secured all relief requested by the insurer.
- Frequently achieves a verdict or settlement for her clients in liability claims that are less than 40% of what the plaintiff originally asked.
- Obtained a qualified verdict in a disputed slip-and-fall liability claim in which the claimant’s award was less than the medical damages.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, 07.03.2020
- Law360, 05.10.2019
- “Three Swift Currie Attorneys Elevated to Partnership, Firm Welcomes 10 Attorneys,” Georgia Bar Journal04.11.2019
- “Swift Currie Elevates Three Attorneys to Partnership,” Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Atlanta CityBizList, Metro Atlanta CEO01.03.2019
- Webinar, 04.15.2021
- Webinar, 03.26.2021
- Webinar, 11.10.2020
- Kennesaw State University Continuing Education Center, 03.03.2020
- Webinar, 12.11.2019
- Anderson Conference Center, 10.25.2019
- JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, 08.16.2019
- 103 West, 03.20.2019
- Webinar, 12.07.2017
- Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, 09.10.2017
- FC&S Legal, 06.09.2017
- "Cybersecurity Considerations and Data Breach Notifications Requirements, " Georgia School Board Association Annual Conference, December 2018
- "Litigating Third-Party Personal Injury Cases with Litigation Funding Companies Involved," International Association of Special Investigation Units (IASIU) 2017 Seminar, September 2017
Georgia State University College of Law (J.D., 2006)
Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., 1997)