Brandon J. Clapp is as an associate for the firm’s insurance and commercial litigation practice areas where he represents clients in matters related to insurance coverage, professional liability and commercial disputes. Brandon provides litigation services for clients at every level of court throughout Alabama as well as counsels clients for out-of-court resolutions.
In addition to Brandon’s experience representing both businesses and individuals on insurance law matters, he has a diverse litigation background handling construction, employment, products liability and transportation cases.
Brandon brings a comprehensive perspective when litigating cases because of his multifaceted experience, from acting to resolve cases pre-suit to assisting with post-trial appellate work. Brandon also routinely advises insurance companies on matters regarding insurance coverage in Alabama.
Brandon’s litigation successes include arguing a motion for summary judgment in a building products liability case in Alabama, obtaining a summary judgment for an insurer in a bad faith claim, additional insured disputes in federal court, and obtaining judgment on pleadings for an insurer in a declaratory judgment action.
Brandon’s philosophy as a lawyer is to develop a strong relationship with his clients, understand their businesses and create a long-lasting partnership, ensuring successful legal results in individual cases for years to come.
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Cathedral Church of the Advent
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Hampden-Sydney College Alumni Club - Birmingham Chapter
- United Way of Central Alabama Young Philanthropists' Society
Outside of the office, Mr. Clapp enjoys golf, waterfowl hunting and live music. He is also involved in the Hampden-Sydney College Birmingham Alumni Club and attends the Cathedral Church of the Advent.
- Small Business Trends, 10.08.2018
- Business Alabama, 08.28.2018
- Business Alabama, “Weathering the Storm: Insurance Coverage for Risks Posed by Natural Disasters,” August 2018
- Small Business Trends, “The Truth About Insurance to Protect Your Business from Natural Disasters,” October 2018
- United States District Courts - Alabama
Hampden-Sydney College (B.A., 2009)
Cumberland School of Law at Samford University (J.D., 2012)