C. Bradford Marsh focuses on the defense of catastrophic injury, property damage and commercial cases. His practice is diverse and includes products, premises, professional malpractice and general liability cases. Brad represents automobile, electrical and heavy equipment product manufacturers, along with individual and corporate clients in Georgia and across the United States.
Brad is equipped to handle every conceivable matter that his clients have based on over three decades of litigation experience. He has handled more than 50 jury trials, as well as numerous appeals. Although he has extensive trial experience, his strong negotiating skills have led to favorable resolutions in high exposure matters, saving his clients significant amounts of time and resources.
Brad is a regular speaker in the many industry organizations he is a part of. He has also provided testimony at the Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Judicial Conference of the United States regarding changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
Brad is a strong believer in his obligation to mentor young lawyers and serve on committees that better the legal profession. For many years he served on the Review Panel for the State Bar of Georgia’s Disciplinary Board and served as chair in 2004. He has also served on the Formal Advisory Opinion Board of the State Bar of Georgia and was elected chair in 2014. Brad was recently appointed by the State Bar President to serve on the Institute of Continuing Judicial Education, the Board of Trustees and the State Bar of Georgia Committee on Professionalism.
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2005-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2016-Present
- "Lawyer of the Year," The Best Lawyers in America©, 2017, 2020, 2024
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Bleckley Inn of Court, Master
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Trial Academy Faculty and Co-Chair
- Institute of Continuing Judicial Education Board, Trustee
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia, Fellow
- The Network of Trial Law Firms
- State Bar of Georgia, Professionalism Committee
Brad is a devoted husband and father who also enjoys giving back to the community. When he is not working, he serves on the governing boards of a local hospice and his children’s school, and is an active member of his church, where he sings in the choir.
- Catastrophic injury – defense verdict. Two young women sued a moving company that was moving a house on Roswell Road at 2:00 a.m. after their car ran into the house. Despite serious injuries to both sympathetic plaintiffs, after a two-week trial in Fulton County, the jury returned a defense verdict.
- Environmental nuisance – corporate target defendant wins. Thirty landowners sued a foundry in Stephens County claiming damages from the smell and noise. After a three-week trial in a remote, yet “local,” venue, the jury deliberated for less than a day and returned 30 defense verdicts.
- Wrongful death – defense verdict. Along with national counsel for a major auto manufacturer, Brad successfully defended the auto manufacturer in a wrongful death lawsuit in Cobb County involving one of their vehicles.
- Wrongful death. Major setoff enforced on appeal after a hard-fought case in Fulton County with a plaintiff’s verdict less than the last offer from the defendant. Brad succeeded in enforcing the law of setoffs in Georgia and treatment of prior payments from settling defendants under joint-and-several law in such a way as to avoid an “end run” of the credits.
- Products liability – defense verdict. After a four-day trial in a plaintiff-friendly venue in a case against a helmet manufacturer involving the death of a teenage girl, a Fulton County jury returned a verdict in favor of the defendant with no appeal by the plaintiffs.
- “14 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers 2019, R. Briggs Peery Named Lawyer of the Year,” Atlanta CityBizList, Metro Atlanta CEO08.17.2018
- “Marsh Reappointed to State Bar Advisory Opinion Board and Disciplinary Board-Review Panel,” University of Georgia Magazine12.11.2017
- “Marsh Reappointed to State Bar Advisory Opinion Board and Disciplinary Board-Review Panel,” Metro Atlanta CEO08.24.2017
- 43 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Rankings, Mark Dietrichs Earns Lawyer of the Year08.19.2021
- 42 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Rankings, Robert Potter Earns Lawyer of the Year08.20.2020
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019
- Park City, Utah, 10.20.2022
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa, 04.26.2019
- "The Insurance Law Annual Survey," Mercer Law Review
- “The Client Relationship – Beyond the Case,” The Network of Trial Law Firms, April 2019
"Litigation of Our Times – The Products Liability Trial," ABA Litigation Section Breakfast, November 2018
23rd Annual Product Liability Seminar State Bar of Georgia 2015
"Defense of Product Liability Cases in a Global Economy"
"Pitching a No-Hitter – Common Mistakes by Plaintiffs in the Defense Case and Closings," Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Annual Seminar, 2014
- Pro hac in various states
University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 1984)
University of Georgia (B.A., 1981)