Alex McDonald has practiced exclusively in the area of civil litigation since 2014 with an emphasis on the defense of individuals, businesses and insurance carriers in personal injury, automobile accident, construction, premises liability and insurance coverage litigation. He also advises clients on pre-suit demands, claims management, internal investigations and bad faith exposure.
Alex has served as lead counsel in nine civil jury trials across the Metro-Atlanta area and dozens of bench trials and has handled multiple appellate matters.
Alex received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2014. While in law school he was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Civil Procedure, the Julian McDonnell Award for Excellence in the Study of Commercial Law and the 2013-2014 Outstanding Articles Editor Award for the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law. Alex graduated from the University of Georgia in 2010 with B.A. degrees in music and political science.
- "One to Watch," The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- Julian McDonnell Award for Excellence in the Study of Commercial Law, 2014
- Outstanding Articles Editor Award, Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law, 2013-2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Civil Procedure, 2012
- Cobb County Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- State and Superior Courts of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 2014)
University of Georgia (B.A., 2010)