Seasoned attorney Robert “Bobby” R. Potter is a Swift Currie partner who focuses his practice on workers' compensation and government affairs. In his over 40 years as a lawyer, Bobby has handled thousands of cases for insurers and self-insurance groups. In addition, he has built long-term relationships with national insurance companies.
Bobby has experience dealing with the Georgia Department of Insurance which has helped him effectively work on behalf of his clients. He has also served as chair of the Legislative Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Committee for Workers’ Compensation for more than 10 years and a member of the committee for a couple of decades.
Bobby has served as the chairman of the Workers' Compensation Section of the State Bar of Georgia and is a member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI). He also is a coauthor of the Georgia Workers' Compensation Law and Practice, which has been updated annually since its original publication in 1981.
He has authored and coauthored numerous law review articles and frequently appears as a speaker both on workers' compensation and legislative topics.
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2004-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2001-Present
- Tom S. Howell Memorial Award of Excellence, 2007
- Distinguished Service Award by the Workers' Compensation Section of the State Bar of Georgia, 2008
- "Lawyer of the Year," The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- State Bar of Georgia
- The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, Fellow
Bobby has served as president of Druid Hills Golf Club and is passionate about the game of golf and all the life skills and qualities it requires and reveals. He also has served in many volunteer positions at Haygood Memorial United Methodist Church since 1980.
- Law360, 04.08.2022
- “14 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers 2019, R. Briggs Peery Named Lawyer of the Year,” Atlanta CityBizList, Metro Atlanta CEO08.17.2018
- 43 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Rankings, Mark Dietrichs Earns Lawyer of the Year08.19.2021
- 42 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Rankings, Robert Potter Earns Lawyer of the Year08.20.2020
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019
- Whova - Virtual Seminar Platform, 08.30-31.2021
- Georgia Workers' Compensation Law and Practice (Fifth Edition)
Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University (J.D., 1977)
Mercer University (A.B., 1970)