R. Briggs Peery is a partner with Swift Currie who has more than 32 years of experience representing clients in workers’ compensation and general litigation matters. Briggs handles both minor and complex matters for an array of clients from small, family-owned businesses to global companies in the automotive, textile, staffing, cable, food service and insurance industries.
Briggs has a track record of success and prides himself on being organized, efficient, knowledgeable on the law and an outside-of-the-box thinker. He looks at each new case as an opportunity to craft a tailor-made approach to resolve claims and achieve his clients’ goals in the most effective and efficient way, whether through mediation or litigation.
Briggs values his client relationships, as well as his relationships with the workers’ compensation judges and claimants’ attorneys. Having practiced in the workers’ compensation field for so many years, Briggs understands how the court functions and has invaluable knowledge on how to get a claim resolved. Also, he serves as the chairman of the Legal Committee for the State Board of Workers' Compensation
Briggs has spoken on workers' compensation topics at multiple claims and state bar seminars, as well as Georgia Chamber of Commerce, municipal, employer and self-insured functions. Additionally, Briggs is involved in workers’ compensation issues on a state and national level through his work with the Workers’ Compensation Institute.
- "Lawyer of the Year," The Best Lawyers in America©, 2023
- "Lawyer of the Year," The Best Lawyers in America©, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2018-Present
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Virginia
- The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, Fellow
Successfully defended claim where we determined the employee had injured same body part and had misrepresented such to client in the hiring process thereby procuring a job he would not have otherwise been fit for and put at risk for injury.
- 43 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Rankings, Mark Dietrichs Earns Lawyer of the Year08.19.2021
- 42 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Rankings, Robert Potter Earns Lawyer of the Year08.20.2020
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019
- Webinar, 05.21.2021
- Webinar, 03.27.2020
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta Hotel, 08.29.2018
Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University (J.D., 1986)
Hampden-Sydney College (B.A., 1983)