Douglas “Doug” W. Brown, Jr., is a distinguished attorney and firm leader with 25 years of service at Swift Currie. His profession has been devoted to workers’ compensation law at Swift Currie, defending employers and self-insured businesses against workers’ compensation claims.
Currently, Doug represents the largest third-party administrators in the nation, leading grocery store chains, carpet manufacturers and security services. He has also represented waste management and construction companies. Nearly 80 percent of his practice is dedicated exclusively to workers’ compensation defense.
Handling every aspect of workers’ compensation, Doug’s practice and counsel is directed and exceptionally served by the scope of Swift Currie’s intellectual capital and the diverse practices and experiences of his colleagues. Doug’s access to deep pools of resources and diverse points of view create the foundation of his cutting-edge practice.
Doug is deeply experienced with the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act and knowledgeable in the mechanics and nuances of the overlap of workers’ compensation with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), subrogation, and the defense of intoxication and alcohol in the workplace.
A hallmark of his practice, Doug is always available to his clients, providing thorough and precise counsel that minimizes client stress. He formerly served as the co-chair of the firm’s Community Relations Committee for five years, spearheading a range of projects to advance initiatives for the betterment of the greater Atlanta community and still serves on the committee today.
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Marriott Savannah Riverfront, 09.08.2021
- WEBINAR: Show Me the Money! Controlling Claim Costs Before, At the Time of and After a Work AccidentWebinar, 05.26.2021
- Marriott Savannah Riverfront, 09.05.2018
- PropertyCasualty360, 08.12.2021
- State Board of Workers’ Compensation, Speaker
- State Bar of Georgia’s Workers’ Compensation Annual Seminar, Speaker
- Georgia Safety, Health and Environmental Conference, Speaker
Mercer University School of Law (J.D., 1992)
Vanderbilt University (B.A., 1988)