Todd S. Boyce is a senior attorney practicing in Swift Currie’s workers’ compensation section, bringing nearly 20 years of litigation experience to his clients’ defense strategies. He represents businesses in the fields of manufacturing, logistics, sales, consumer goods and insurance throughout all phases of a workers’ compensation case, from commencement of litigation through trial, appeal and dispute resolution.
Over the life of his career, Todd has handled millions of dollars’ worth of claims. Furthermore, he has successfully advocated on behalf of more than 1,000 clients before administrative boards, municipal courts, state courts, superior courts and appellate courts.
Todd has occupied a variety of positions throughout the courtroom. He previously served as a judge, hearing more than 10,000 cases, evaluating evidence, making rulings and managing a significant caseload. He also spent over five years as a trial prosecutor, during which time he appeared in court on an almost daily basis. In addition, he is often called upon as a court-appointed expert, and conducts investigations and interviews witnesses to develop an opinion on a case. Todd’s clients benefit from this unique blend of experience, which gives him well-rounded insight into the best method to achieve their desired goals and outcomes.
Todd prioritizes keeping his clients both well informed and regularly informed to ensure they have a comprehensive understanding of the matters at hand. He believes in the importance of setting a plan and strategy early on and revisiting that strategy often to adapt to new circumstances.
An active member of Georgia’s legal community, Todd frequently speaks at conferences, including the State Board of Workers’ Compensation Annual Educational Conference. He is also an adjunct professor at Emory University School of Law, where he teaches law students pre-trial litigation and oral argument techniques.
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- DeKalb Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Board Member
- Leadership of DeKalb
- Atlanta Bar Association
- DeKalb Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia
Todd performs more than 100 hours of pro bono legal services annually through Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation and DeKalb Volunteer Lawyers Foundation. He is also known to engage in ultramarathon running, including multiple races in 2019.
- CLDA Magazine, 04.19.2022
- Perceptions of Justice, Leadership DeKalb Justice Day, February 2021
- Youth and the Justice System, Leadership DeKalb Justice Day, February 2020
- Drug Case Prosecution and Defenses, SBWC Annual Educational Conference, August 2019
- Ethics and Professionalism at Trial, SBWC Annual Educational Conference, August 2016
- West Georgia Criminal Law and Procedure Update, July 2016
- Contempt Powers of Courts, Municipal Court Judges Conference, October 2015
- Contempt Powers of Courts, Municipal Court Judges Conference, Summer 2015
- Sovereign Citizens and the Courts, Municipal Court Judges Conference, Summer 2013
- Georgia State University College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Emory University (B.A., 1999)