Mark Goodman defends mid- to large-sized self-insured employers, insurance companies and governmental entities throughout the state of Georgia in workers' compensation claims. He also handles claims brought against nursing homes.
A 35-year veteran of the practice, Mark has handled hundreds of mediations and hearings throughout his career. He currently serves on the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation Chairman’s Advisory Committee, providing input on legislation, rules and public education for the system.
Mark fights hard for his clients to resolve their issues efficiently and cost effectively, keeping them well informed of the progress of their cases along the way. He strives to maintain a reputation with other attorneys of being fair to work alongside and to oppose, which is reflected in his recognition among the peer-selected Best Lawyers in America.
While Mark recognizes the value of his years of experience, he considers his integrity and reputation to be his most important assets as he serves his clients.
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2018 - present
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Workers' Compensation Association
- State Bar of Georgia
In his personal time, Mark serves on the board of directors for the Standard Club and is an avid golfer. When his children were younger, he coached sports at the high school and junior high levels. He also is the former president of his synagogue.
- The Hotel at Avalon & Avalon Conference Center, 08.2019
- Georgia, 05.02.2019
- InterContinental New Orleans, 03.23.2019
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta Hotel, 08.29.2018
- Maggiano's Cumberland, 05.16.2018
- Employee Benefit Plan Review, 09.24.2020
- "Workers' Compensation Surveys," Mercer Law Review
- "The Y'allywood Awards," SBWC Regional Seminars and Annual Educational Conference, 2019
- "Smokey and the Bandit: Chasing Down Workers' Comp Costs," SBWC Regional Seminars, 2019
- “The Plot Thickens,” SBWC Regional Seminars, 2018
- “The Lying King,” SBWC Annual Education Conference, 2018
- "How to Prevent Delays in Medical Treatment," SBWC Regional Seminars, 2017
Duke University School of Law (J.D., 1984)
Georgetown University (A.B., 1981)