Douglas “Doug” A. Bennett has represented clients in general civil litigation for more than four decades and handles matters related to workers’ compensation, automobile litigation, catastrophic injury and wrongful death, premises liability, product liability and trucking and transportation disputes. Doug also serves as a mediator for companies to resolve their disputes outside of the courtroom.
Doug’s clients span industry sectors and have included many high-profile businesses such as industrial resource organizations, large senior health care providers, major insurance carriers and consumer product manufacturers, to name a few.
Doug has represented clients in thousands of high-stakes matters, working to analyze each case objectively, identify strengths and weaknesses and leverage his extensive experience to advise clients on the best path forward.
Doug also lends his broadly informed legal perspective to provide greater access to quality legal representation through his leadership of Swift Currie’s pro bono efforts.
Doug is an established leader in his practice area, having served six years on the Executive Committee of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the State Bar of Georgia, including one year as the committee’s chair. He is also a frequent lecturer on a variety of issues relevant to his clients, including the compensability of heart attacks, ethical considerations and the willful misconduct defense.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 1995 - present
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2004 - present
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend, 2011
- "Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers, 2017
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Workers' Compensation Association
- State Bar of Georgia
Beyond his legal practice, Doug enjoys giving back to the community, including the bimonthly donation of his rare blood type, AB negative, plasma to the Red Cross. In a display of the tireless commitment he has for achieving objectives, he recently trained and competed in the Mt. Everest Base Camp Trek in 2019.
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019
- Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, 02.22.2018
- “Pre-Litigation Handling and Considerations,” Atlanta RIMS Educational Conference, February 2018
University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 1980)
University of Georgia (B.B.A., 1976)
Georgia State University (B.A. 2006)