M. Diane Owens specializes in products liability, employment discrimination, premises liability, environmental and toxic torts. Diane has also handled a significant number of matters involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death litigation. She practices in all state and federal courts in Georgia and is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Diane graduated from Mercer University with an A.B. degree, summa cum laude, in 1977, and her J.D. degree, magna cum laude, in 1980. A member of Phi Delta Phi, Sigma Mu and Brainerd Currie Honor Society, she also served on the Mercer Law Review as associate editor. In 2011 and 2006, Diane received Mercer University's prestigious Meritorious Service Award. She has served as a member of the board of trustees for Mercer University and is currently serving as chair of the board.
Diane is a member of the Atlanta and American Bar Associations, the State Bar of Georgia, the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta. She is also a member of PLAC, the International Association of Defense Counsel and Defense Research Institute, where she serves on the Products Liability Committee and the Environmental and Toxic Tort Committee. Diane has been named a Georgia Super Lawyer by Atlanta Magazine since 2005.
Diane has presented legal seminars for PLAC, Georgia State University, Insurance Law Institute, the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (Trial Academy) and the Georgia Association of Trial Lawyers. Additionally, she was selected as a Best Lawyer in America for 2013, 2014 and 2017 to present.
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2005-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2013-2014, 2017-Present
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- State Bar of Georgia
- 43 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Rankings, Mark Dietrichs Earns Lawyer of the Year08.19.2021
- 42 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Rankings, Robert Potter Earns Lawyer of the Year08.20.2020
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019
Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University (J.D., 1980)
Mercer University (A.B., 1977)