D. Lee Clayton defends clients in litigation related to products liability, general civil suits, insurance coverage, bad faith insurance claims and commercial disputes. He handles large, complex cases defending against claims on behalf of his clients, which include large national insurers, financial institutions and corporations, as well as individuals. Lee is regularly consulted on problematic fact patterns and novel questions of law with an eye toward avoiding litigation if possible, or prevailing if litigation is necessary.
Lee represents clients in state and federal courts throughout Georgia and the Southeast, navigating clients through pre-suit consultations, negotiations, jury trials and appeals. He has secured numerous defense verdicts, as well as affirmed motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment.
Lee’s extensive experience with high-stakes matters helps him identify the most effective strategy to tackle his clients’ legal issues and achieve their desired outcome.
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star by Atlanta Magazine, 2013 and 2016
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Atlanta Lawyers Club
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Law clerk for Judge Curtis L. Collier, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee.
University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 2006)
University of Georgia (B.A., 2003)