John F. Sacha is a Swift Currie partner who defends businesses in general litigation matters, with an emphasis on handling workers’ compensation claims. John has counseled clients through hundreds of mediations and hearings before Georgia’s State Board of Workers’ Compensation (SBWC) to provide efficient and favorable resolutions in matters ranging from minor workplace injuries to catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims. He represents not only insurance companies and third-party administrators, but also hospitals and other healthcare practices, manufacturing facilities and employment agencies.
Throughout his more than 40 years of practice, including his service as Swift Currie’s managing partner from 1996 through 2009, John has developed a deep understanding of and extensive relationships with a broad network of experts and key entities that can provide an advantage for clients in the context of a workers’ compensation claim. His professional relationships extend to SBWC administrative law judges (ALJs), catastrophic injury health care providers, numerous medical doctors and specialists and other leading professionals within the Georgia medical community.
John leverages his extensive experience to provide creative solutions to each issue that may arise in the context of a workers’ compensation matter, whether aggressively defending against a claim or mediating for a favorable resolution. He works with his clients to ensure an efficient and cost-effective outcome in every case. This can include mitigating losses in a claim by selecting the best care providers to address the injured worker’s medical needs at a reasonable cost or finding contractors to make necessary renovations at a home for a catastrophically injured employee.
John understands the importance of expedient resolutions in workers’ compensation claims, and he provides his clients with the upper hand of a detailed mastery of complex medical documentation in their cases, which is crucial to resolving a matter efficiently with a favorable outcome.
John is a longtime leader in his field and at Swift Currie. He serves as a special assistant to the Georgia attorney general for workers’ compensation issues, and he was selected as a leader in law in the “Power Book” published in the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s 30th anniversary issue.
An active community servant, John has also been a longstanding leader in several civic organizations. He previously served as the president and director of the Center for Puppetry Arts and on the board of directors for Georgia Citizens for the Arts, Ansley Golf Club and Peachtree Presbyterian Preschool.
Georgia Super Lawyer, 2004-2013
The Best Lawyers in America©, 2011-Present
- Duke University – William J. Maschke Memorial, 2010
- Duke University – Charles A. Dukes Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service, 2002
- Atlanta Business Chronicle - Power Book
Duke University Greek Alumni Advisory Council – Chairman for 12 years
Duke University Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee (Atlanta)
Georgia Citizens for the Arts
Atlanta Bar Association
Atlanta Claims Association
Defense Research Institute
Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
State Bar of Georgia
Special Assistant Attorney General, State of Georgia
- Handled claims related to injuries to volunteers in connection with the 1996 Summer Olympics.
- Represents organizations listed on the New York Stock Exchange, including a very large hospital chain and a number of manufacturers.
- 43 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Rankings, Mark Dietrichs Earns Lawyer of the Year08.19.2021
- 42 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Rankings, Robert Potter Earns Lawyer of the Year08.20.2020
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019