Emily J. Truitt represents employers in workers’ compensation claims, whether advising clients in negotiations to settle a case or litigating on their behalf in the courtroom. Her client advocacy includes a strong ability to balance her clients’ viewpoints with the best interests of their businesses.
Emily represents clients in the restaurant, hospitality, construction, health care, staffing, manufacturing and retail industries, as well as franchisees.
A strong communicator, Emily makes every effort to know all the players in the industry, from opposing counsel to other defense attorneys and judges. She leverages these relationships to best represent her clients and achieve their legal objectives.
Understanding how companies can suffer from abuse of workers’ compensation benefits, Emily brings compassion and sensitivity to her work with her clients.
Emily was included in the inaugural edition of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in workers’ compensation.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021-Present
- State Bar of Georgia
Though most of her free time is spent with her husband and children, Emily also enjoys reading and baking. As a certified therapy dog handler, she and her golden retriever, Lemon, frequent hospitals and nonprofit organizations involving children.
- Webinar, 09.24.2020
- Webinar, 06.26.2018
- Law360, 12.22.2022
- Workplace Health, 07.01.2021
- Claimscene, 10.22.2020
- Risk Management, 02.07.2019
- "Pick Your Battles: Deciding When to Deny a Fight Case;" The First Report, Spring 2018
- "Don’t Get Backed Over: Navigating Your Way Through the Parking Lot Exception," The First Report, Spring 2017
- "Should Employees Be Held Accountable for Failing to Look Out for Their Own Safety," The First Report, Spring 2015
- Legal Assistant
Georgia State University College of Law (J.D.)
Kennesaw State University (B.S.)