Yamisi T. James is an associate in Swift Currie’s general civil litigation practice. Yamisi’s practice focuses primarily in the areas of premises liability, products liability and automobile litigation where she represents insurance companies in the automobile, trucking, manufacturing and commercial business industries.
While in law school at the University of Georgia School of Law, Yamisi was a notes editor of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law, as well as a member of the Black Law Students Association. She also took part in the Family Violence Clinic, where she gained firsthand experience assisting victims of domestic abuse. Additionally, Yamisi was an intern for the Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, a nonprofit organization that provides legal assistance and educational programming to artists and arts organizations.
Prior to joining Swift Currie, she was an attorney for an insurance defense firm in Sandy Springs, Georgia, where she defended businesses and municipalities in a variety of matters. Before moving into private practice, she served as a judicial law clerk in Floyd County, Georgia.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2023
- State Bar of Georgia, Entertainment Law Society Section
Worked on two bench trials.
- Augusta, Atlanta, 12.14.2018
- "Skillfully Utilizing the Business Records Exception with Real-Life Scenarios and Examples of How to Practically Apply the Rules During Trial," NBI Seminar, December 2018
- “How Experts Are Viewed-Lawyers’ vs. Judges’ and Jurors’ Perspectives,” Minneapolis Products Liability SuperCourse, September 2018