Joseph Angersola defends clients in a variety of disputes, with an emphasis on product liability, personal injury and commercial litigation. In addition to representing clients in Georgia, Joe has defended clients as regional and national counsel in Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
Joe understands that each client, whether it is a large corporation, local business or an individual, has specific objectives and challenges in litigation. His experience in a variety of cases and jurisdictions allows him to tailor his approach to address those considerations.
Originally from Iowa, Joe practiced in Chicago for five years before moving to Georgia. He is active in various professional organizations, along with his children’s youth activities.
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Lawyer, 2016
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016 - 2018
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- American Boat and Yacht Council
- The Network of Trial Law Firms
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Illinois
- Defended electrical manufacturer in product liability cases alleging defects in electrical equipment and components, including switch-gear, circuit breakers, surge arrestors and disconnect boxes.
- Defended automated-door manufacturer in a lawsuit alleging improper maintenance.
- Defended forklift manufacturer in a lawsuit alleging improper service.
- Defended skid-steer loader manufacturer in product liability suit alleging design and manufacturing defects.
- Defended hose manufacturer in product liability suit alleging design and manufacturing defects.
- Defended tool manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit alleging catastrophic head injury.
- Defended boat manufacturer and dealer in a product liability lawsuit alleging defect in stair design.
- Defended boat manufacturers and dealers in warranty and recall lawsuits.
- Defended individuals in lawsuits involving recreational boats and jet skis asserting wrongful death claims and personal injury.
- Defended importer and distributor of fireworks in product liability lawsuit alleging defective design and manufacturing.
- Defended homeowners and businesses in lawsuits asserting water runoff claims.
- Defended nonprofit organization in a premises liability wrongful death action.
- Brought suit on behalf of a worldwide beverage manufacturer against a contractor for negligence and breach of contract arising out of significant fire damage to a production facility.
- Defended university in multiple lawsuits arising out of a tragic 2007 bus accident. Thirty-five plaintiffs brought claims for wrongful death, bodily injury and emotional distress. The issues we addressed included highway design, warnings and human factors.
- The Grand Del Mar, 11.09.2019
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 2005)
Loyola University of Chicago (B.A., 2001)