Blakely L. Lloyd is a civil defense attorney in Swift Currie’s Birmingham office. She focuses her practice on arson and fraud, automobile litigation, commercial litigation, insurance coverage and property insurance.
Prior to joining Swift Currie, Blakely worked as a law clerk to Judge Christopher Hughes, 37th Judicial Circuit, State of Alabama. Blakely has served in several other legal positions, including a role in an in-house counsel department, civil defense firms and academia. These different vantage points give Blakely a unique perspective on the legal process and help her better understand clients’ needs and concerns.
In litigation settings, Blakely prioritizes regular communication with clients and other involved counsel to ensure that her clients’ interests are uniformly protected. It is always her goal to defend clients in an efficient, ethical and empathetic way.
Blakely earned her J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law. She received her B.A. from Samford University.
- Bench & Bar Honor Society, University of Alabama School of Law, August 2018
- Order of the Samaritan, University of Alabama School of Law, May 2019
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Legislation & Regulation, December 2016
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Children’s Rights, May 2018
- Omicron Delta Kappa
Tennessee Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
Birmingham Botanical Gardens Junior Board
- Alabama State Bar
- Tennessee Bar Association
Blakely enjoys spending time outside and is a member of the Birmingham Botanical Gardens Junior Board.
- Insurance Coverage Law Center (ICLC), 08.08.2022
"Making an Involuntary Confession," The Alabama Law and Psychology Review, Vol. 42, Spring 2018
- Law clerk to Judge Christopher Hughes, 37th Judicial Circuit, State of Alabama
University of Alabama School of Law (J.D., 2019)
Samford University (B.A., 2015)