Joseph J. Angersola
Catastrophic Injury & Wrongful Death
- Loyola University of Chicago (B.A., 2001)
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 2005)
Joe Angersola is a civil litigator who has handled cases in both federal and state courts for multinational corporations, local businesses, non-profit entities and individuals. Joe’s practice includes products liability, catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims, premises liability and commercial litigation. His experience varies from complex, large exposure matters to contract disputes.
Prior to joining Swift Currie in 2010, Joe spent five years with a litigation firm in Chicago, Illinois. He received his law degree from Syracuse University College of Law and his undergraduate degree from Loyola University of Chicago, attending on a merit-based scholarship. During college, Joe spent a semester in Rome, Italy and worked for a United States Senator in Washington D.C.
- Defended a university located in the State of Ohio in lawsuits arising out of a tragic 2007 bus accident on Interstate 75 in Atlanta. Thirty-five plaintiffs brought claims for wrongful death, bodily injury and emotional distress. Issues included highway design, warnings and human factors.
- Brought suit on behalf of a worldwide beverage manufacturer against a contractor for negligence and breach of contract arising out of significant fire damage to a production facility in Atlanta.
- Defended automated-door manufacturer in suit alleging improper service.
- Defended tool manufacturer in product liability suit.
- Defended an insurance agent on professional liability claims arising out of identity theft and fraud.
- Brought suit on behalf of a freight company seeking return of freight cars and monetary damages.
- Represented a national security company in suits involving breaches of contract.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Illinois State Bar
- Bleckley Inn of Court
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Awards & Recognitions
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer
- Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star (2016)
- Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Lawyer (2016)