Swift Currie, a leading litigation firm in the Southeast, is seeking an accounting assistant in its Atlanta office.
The ideal candidate will be an accounting “generalist” who is a team player and responsible for performing various accounting duties such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash application, light payroll, light G/L and some administrative duties. You will support business growth and the accounting department by processing invoices, cash transactions and expenses, as well as updating and analyzing the firm's accounting database. This position has a variety of duties and offers the opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge and experience in a busy accounting setting.
- Review and process A/P invoices, expense reports and check requests in a timely manner
- Accurately sort, code and enter invoices into accounting system
- Apply daily cash receipts against billing invoices in A/R system
- Monitor applied cash, unapplied cash and credits on customer accounts
- Assist billing and collections with customer account analysis
- Prepare daily cash deposit
- Process adjustments and write-offs on customer accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist with payroll and act as back-up for payroll function
- Assist with G/L, account analysis and some schedule preparation
- Update and maintain accounting database with data entry and reports
- Perform administrative support functions
- 3-5 years of solid experience working in a busy accounting department
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and edit Excel spreadsheets
- Experience with accounting and billing software programs. Proficiency with Orion, Aderant or Rainmaker desired.
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Analytical, logical and critical thinker and problem solver
- Strong service orientation for both internal and external customers
For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com.