Billing Compliance Specialist
If interested in applying for the position and for further information, please contact Angela McDaniel at 404.888.6297 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP currently has a full-time employment opportunity in the Billing Department for a Billing Compliance Specialist. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Billing Compliance Specialist is responsible for administering the appeals process for the firm. This role has direct contact with clients, adjusters, attorneys and paralegals. This position reports to the Billing Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Review deductions on invoice recaps to determine fees and/or expenses that should be appealed.
• With the use of BillBlast, sort invoice recaps by due date and organize for appropriate follow-up with attorneys and paralegals within the firm.
• Work effectively with attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants to gather all appropriate documentation to submit an appeal.
• Submit appeals through multiple eBilling vendor sites (Legal-X, Legal Exchange, Stuart Maue, Collaborati, CounselLink, Legal Tracker, T360, etc.)
• Monitor the status of appeals on a regular basis and move invoices within the Bill Blast system to the appropriate buckets.
• Educate attorneys and paralegals on best practices based upon review of deduction history of invoices, as well as client billing guidelines.
• Conduct training and new hire orientation for attorneys and paralegals on billing procedures and best practices.
• Maintain and update client billing guidelines within NetDocuments and/or the Intranet.
• Undertake special projects and ad hoc reports as needed/requested.
Skills & Competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter with ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
• Ability to multi-task, organize workflow and use time efficiently.
• Exceptional analytical skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
• Experience with BillBlast and/or Orion is a plus.
• Experience with eBilling vendor sites is a plus.
• Law Firm or professional services experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent opportunity for an experienced paralegal.