Terry Brantley is licensed to practice in Georgia and South Carolina, and his civil litigation practice focuses on defending clients facing a broad range of disputes. He serves as a valued business partner and litigation counsel for corporate entities, individuals and insurers. His clients include international auto manufacturers, Fortune 500 retailers, national insurance providers, preeminent consumer and commercial product manufacturers, national restaurant and hospitality companies, and trucking and logistics services companies.
Terry’s clients entrust him with their high-exposure cases, and he has served as lead trial counsel in some of Georgia’s most significant matters. Leveraging his diverse trial background, along with experience from his colleagues across the firm, he provides effective counsel and ensures businesses succeed when legal challenges arise.
Terry serves as the firm’s managing partner, leading its operations in Georgia and Alabama. He is also a member of several industry organizations including the PLAC (formerly the Product Liability Advisory Council), Network of Trial Law Firms, Defense Research Institute (DRI), Lawyers Club of Atlanta and Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (GDLA).
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2020-Present
- Premier 100 Designation, American Academy of Trial Attorneys, 2015
- Premises Liability Attorney of the Year in Georgia, Global Law Experts, 2015
- Premises Liability Attorney of the Year in Georgia, Corporate Intl Magazine, 2014-2015
- MS Leadership Class of 2010
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
- MS Leadership Class of 2010
- The Network of Trial Law Firms
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of South Carolina
Terry is an ultra-marathoner, competing in trail races from 31 to 100 miles. He is also a longstanding volunteer with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and is a member of the organization’s MS Leadership Class of 2010.
- Daily Report, 03.12.2021
- Southeast Takeaways, Daily Report, 03.08.2021
- Daily Report, 02.26.2021
- Daily Report, 12.11.2020
- The Daily Report Profiles Swift Currie and Crystal McElrath as Part of its 2020 Georgia Legal AwardsDaily Report, 08.24.2020
- Daily Report, Mid-Market Report, 03.16.2020
- "2019 Georgia Legal Awards - Midsize Firm, Personal Injury Defense: Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers,” Daily ReportDaily Report, 06.20.2019
- Mid-Market Report, 04.18.2019
- 43 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Rankings, Mark Dietrichs Earns Lawyer of the Year08.19.2021
- 42 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Rankings, Robert Potter Earns Lawyer of the Year08.20.2020
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019
- South Carolina
Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University