Samuel M. Lyon is an associate attorney in Swift Currie's Atlanta office. He focuses his practice on insurance coverage for property damage and slip-and-falls.
Prior to joining Swift Currie, Samuel worked in third-party defense and served as a law clerk for a Superior Court Judge. His experiences provided him insight into the considerations taken behind the bench and practical experience in applying those considerations in front of the bench. Samuel also has experience with the Georgia Civil Practice Act and statutes governing insurance law. In his work, Samuel prioritizes a thorough examination of each claim while keeping the larger goals in focus.
Samuel earned his J.D. from Mercer University School of Law, where he was elected as editor in chief of the Mercer Law Review. Samuel received his B.A. from Oglethorpe University. Since finishing school, he has been actively involved in the Georgia Bar Young Lawyer’s Division and was selected to participate in the YLD Leadership Academy.
- Nadler Award (Mercer University School of Law, May 2020)
- Cum Laude (Latin Honors, Mercer University School of Law, May 2020)
- Brainerd Currie Honor Society (Mercer University School of Law, May 2020)
- CALI Award for Excellence – Criminal Law, Property Law, Civil Lawsuit (Mercer University School of Law, May 2018)
- Woodruff Scholarship (Mercer University School of Law, August 2017).
- State Bar of Georgia
- Cobb County Bar Association
- William A. Bootle American Inn of Court
- W. Homer Drake Bankruptcy Inn of Court
- Phi Delta Phi
- Omicron Delta Kappa
State Bar of Georgia
In his free time, Samuel enjoys gardening, home improvement and bargain hunting, which he does each weekend with his wife and daughter.
Mandatory Fees No More! Janus v. AFSCME Continues First Amendment Trend & Effectively Eliminates Union Power, 70 Mercer L. Rev. 799 – 816 (2019).