With two decades of experience and more than 40 cases tried to verdict, Roger E. Harris is a skilled attorney and problem solver who aggressively advocates on behalf of his clients in catastrophic injury and wrongful death, commercial litigation, medical malpractice, nursing home and long-term care litigation, products and premises liability, professional liability and trucking litigation matters.
Roger has experience representing insurance carriers, their insureds and corporations. He also defends physicians before state medical boards. Whether he is negotiating a favorable settlement, going to trial or making arguments on the appellate level, he handles cases in a cost-effective and efficient manner and keeps clients fully informed throughout every stage of the process. He is a fierce advocate for his clients and does everything in his power to achieve their legal goals.
Throughout his career, Roger has held various leadership positions including finance partner, information technology partner and member of the firm expansion committee, and he is currently serving as the co-team leader for the litigation group.
Before pursuing a legal career, Roger worked as a marketing consultant in the consumer goods industry and a strategic planner in the medical device industry, which helped him develop the strategic thinking and detail orientation that he brings to his practice today. With this background, he understands every aspect of each case he works on so he can provide the guidance clients need to make informed decisions.
- Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Georgia Super Lawyer
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2013-Present
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Professional Liability Defense Federation (PLDF)
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Massachusetts
When he is not working, he enjoys spending quality time with his family and playing racquetball.
- Daily Report, 01.08.2020
- Healthcare Risk Management, 12.01.2019
- "2019 Georgia Legal Awards - Midsize Firm, Personal Injury Defense: Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers,” Daily ReportDaily Report, 06.20.2019
- “14 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers 2019, R. Briggs Peery Named Lawyer of the Year,” Atlanta CityBizList, Metro Atlanta CEO08.17.2018
- 43 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Rankings, Mark Dietrichs Earns Lawyer of the Year08.19.2021
- 42 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Rankings, Robert Potter Earns Lawyer of the Year08.20.2020
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019
- Webinar, 07.22.2021
- “Life is a Terminal Illness: The Medical Defense of End-of-Life Cases” – DRI presentation September 2018
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 1997)
University of South Carolina (M.B.A., 1994)
Auburn University (B.S., 1988)