Raqketa D. Williams is a general civil litigator handling personal injury claims arising from automobile accidents, as well as slip-and-fall and other premises liability incidents, products liability matters and insurance contract issues. She represents both corporations and individuals, including a well-known transportation and logistics provider, some of the largest insurance carriers in the nation and a global hospitality company, among others.
Over the course of her practice, Raqketa has tried both jury and bench trials throughout Georgia and taken or defended more than 100 depositions. She also has experience briefing, arguing and winning motions for summary judgment and has resolved cases favorably through alternative dispute resolution.
Raqketa brings to her practice not only a zeal for advocacy, but also an ability to conceptualize solid plans and enact concrete steps to bring those plans to fruition. Further, as a female attorney of color, her ability to draw on diverse experiences benefits her clients and those around her.
Prior to joining Swift Currie, Raqketa served as in-house counsel for one of the largest property and casualty insurers in the U.S.
While in law school, Raqketa clerked for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. She also assisted in authoring a textbook on alternative assessment methods in legal education.
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Texas
- Teach for America, Inc. (Alumna)
In her personal time, Raqketa runs a fashion blog, enjoys working out, and stays busy with her toddler son, husband and rescue dog.
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Metro Atlanta CEO, Atlanta CityBizList, 04.22.2019
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Georgia Superior and Appellate Courts
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Georgia State University, M.Ed., 2011
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., 2008