Monica Dean is a civil litigator representing individuals and businesses in the areas of automobile and trucking litigation, catastrophic injury and wrongful death, construction law, insurance coverage and premises liability. Additionally, Monica provides legal advice to military commanders and service members as an officer in the Georgia Air National Guard.
Monica previously served as a judicial staff attorney to the Honorable Kimberly M. Esmond Adams in the Superior Court of Fulton County and the Honorable James T. Chafin, III, in the State Court of Henry County. During law school, she completed externships with the Honorable John J. Ellington in the Court of Appeals of Georgia and the Honorable Steve C. Jones in the Superior Court of the Western Judicial Circuit.
Thorough and thoughtful in finding resolutions to her clients’ complex legal issues, Monica carefully navigates claims through the course of a lawsuit, allowing her clients to focus on their businesses rather than pending litigation.
Monica earned her J.D. from University of Georgia School of Law. In 2010, Monica graduated from the State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy, furthering her legal acumen and leadership skills.
- Award of Achievement for Outstanding Service to the Profession as co-founder and co-chair of the Judicial Law Clerk Committee, State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division, 2011
- Georgia National Guard Humanitarian Service Ribbon – Hurricane Michael, 2018
- Cool Girls, Inc.
- Junior League of Atlanta
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- State Bar of Georgia (Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy, 2010)
Outside of practicing law, Monica has volunteers as an attorney coach for the Georgia High School Mock Trial Program and routinely judges the Empire Mock Trial Competition. She actively serves her community through organizations such as the Junior League of Atlanta and Cool Girls, Inc.
University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 2007)
Florida A&M University (B.A., 1999)