Joseph “Joe” A. Munger is a Swift Currie partner and veteran workers’ compensation defense attorney with 35 years of experience. On average, he tries one workers’ compensation case per month and, as a result, he has appeared in front of every administrative law judge in the state.
Joe has worked with a wide variety of clients including organizations in the retail, hotel, restaurant, construction, utilities, health care, insurance, tree service, manufacturing, transportation and banking industries. His reputation as a vigorous advocate, with a victorious trial record to match, serves his clients well in the courtroom and at the settlement table. As a result, he is able to instill confidence in his clients because they know he can meet their needs and solve their problems efficiently.
To his practice, Joe brings strong legal writing and research skills, which he honed during his time as a clerk for a federal court judge. When he is not using his communication skills to obtain wins for his clients, Joe shares his experience by giving lectures and publishing articles on employment-related subjects, such as the drug-free workplace, discrimination, disability and workers’ compensation topics. He has also served on Swift Currie’s Management Committee and the Employment and Labor Law Committee of the Defense Research Institute (DRI).
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2018-Present
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Self Insurers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
Outside of work, Joe enjoys cooking and running. He is also an avid traveler who has been to Europe, South Africa and Central America.
- 43 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Rankings, Mark Dietrichs Earns Lawyer of the Year08.19.2021
- 42 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2021 Rankings, Robert Potter Earns Lawyer of the Year08.20.2020
- 16 Swift Currie Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Best Lawyers in America, C. Bradford Marsh Named Lawyer of the Year08.15.2019
- Orlando World Center Marriott, 08.14.2019
University of Colorado School of Law (J.D., 1983)
Michigan State University (B.A., 1980)