Jennifer Nichols practices with the firm’s litigation team and handles various general liability matters with a primary focus on premises liability cases. She has extensive legal experience representing businesses and insurance companies, as well as the corporations and individuals they insure, in litigation relating to personal injury claims, including those involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death. She routinely defends clients in cases involving injuries that occur on commercial and residential properties such as slip and falls, dog bites and matters involving negligent supervision or security.
Jennifer prides herself on her professionalism, hard work and dedication as an advocate for her clients at all stages of the litigation process. She values the relationships she has with her clients and makes it a priority to be available to them when needed.
Jennifer has obtained summary judgment for her clients in numerous cases and has served as lead and co-counsel at trials in both the state and federal courts of Georgia. She has also successfully defended cases on appeal.
- Award of Achievement for Outstanding Service to the Profession, Co-Chair for the Women in the Profession Committee of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia, 2012 - 2013
- University of Miami School of Law Moot Court Board, 2002 - 2004
- Champion – State of Florida Annual Moot Court Competition, 2003
- Best Brief Award – University of Miami School of Law Advanced Moot Court Competition, 2002
State Bar of Georgia
Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Defense Research Institute
Vanderbilt University Alumni Association
Red Shoe Society of Atlanta
Greater Atlanta Alumnae Association of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority
Jennifer is active in her local community. Since 2008, Jennifer has served as an evaluator and judge for the annual Georgia High School Mock Trial Competition. She is a member of The Red Shoe Society of Atlanta, an organization of young professionals who support the programs of Ronald McDonald House Charities by volunteering and fundraising to help make a difference in the lives of sick children and their families. She previously served on the organization’s Executive Committee. She is also a member of the Greater Atlanta Alumnae Association of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority. In her free time, Jennifer enjoys traveling and photography.
Publications and Presentations
- "Admissibility of Evidence of Medical Funding Companies: A Non-Traditional Collateral Source," Georgia Defense Lawyer, Winter 2017
- "Pay The Green - Be Mindful of the Lien!," Swift Currie Webinar, March 2017
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 2004)
Vanderbilt University (B.A., 2001)