Dustin S. Thompson represents clients in workers’ compensation claims with a focus on insurance defense litigation.
With an in-depth knowledge of case law and diverse workforce arenas, Dustin serves a wide range of clientele including trucking and transportation, waste disposal, distribution, manufacturing, construction, hospitality, health care and food production companies.
Dustin possesses a breadth of knowledge of the workings and requirements of various regulatory agencies with a keen understanding of the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation rules and cases, as well as the Georgia rules of evidence, and he provides his clients with well-rounded guidance on the considerations of the cases at hand.
Dustin has defended clients in a number of challenging cases including counseling an uninsured employer through a workers’ compensation claim and defending clients in workers’ compensation fatality claims, catastrophic claims and coverage disputes between multiple employers and insurers.
Dustin is detail oriented and he adheres to a standard of excellence informed by a methodical and meticulous approach to problem-solving.
Dustin has tried cases in front of administrative law judges (ALJ) and argued in front of the Appellate Division of the State Board.
- Leadership Academy, State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division, 2017
- State Bar of Georgia (Workers' Compensation Section)
- Webinar, 02.27.2019
- Maggiano's Perimeter, 01.17.2019
Publications and Presentations
- "Don’t Fret About It — How the Recent Decision in Frett v. State Farm Employee Workers’ Compensation Affects Scheduled Breaks and Ingress/Egress Work Accidents," Swift Currie Webinar, February 2019
- "Don’t Fret About It — How the Recent Decision in Frett v. State Farm Employee Workers’ Compensation Affects Scheduled Breaks and Ingress/Egress Work Accidents," Atlanta RIMS Luncheon, January 2019