Drew Timmons counsels clients through various methods to efficiently resolve disputes, mitigate potential liability and defend claims related to medical malpractice, premises liability, insurance coverage, automobile liability, construction defects and trucking litigation. He represents a wide range of entities that include national retailers, medical professionals and facilities, public school systems, multifamily real estate owners and managers, transportation companies and contractors. He also represents insurance carriers in first-party coverage disputes and bad faith actions.
Drew works closely with clients from the beginning of a claim to evaluate realistic results, identify a successful outcome and cater his work toward the client’s defined goal, whether that means negotiating an early settlement, engaging in discovery or motion practice or preparing the case for trial.
Based on his experience working with a diverse range of businesses, as well as his past work at both small and national firms, Drew’s broad perspective allows him to be adaptable to the needs and unexpected challenges in his clients’ matters. He is committed to developing a partnership with the client and communicating thoroughly and clearly to establish expectations and develop an effective legal strategy.
Drew is committed to serving his community and is a member of the firm’s Community Relations Committee. He actively supports JDRF, a global type 1 diabetes research foundation, as well as Back on My Feet, an organization which provides opportunities to the homeless through running-based incentive programs. Drew is also a member of the firm’s Hiring Committee.
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016 - present
Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Atlanta Claims Association
Defense Research Institute
Back on My Feet
- State Bar of Georgia
- Represented a pulmonologist and practice group in a medical malpractice trial involving wrongful death, obtaining a defense verdict on behalf of his client.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a general surgeon and his practice group and successfully challenged the plaintiffs’ appeal to the Supreme Court of Georgia in a medical malpractice trial alleging failure to remove a cancerous tumor.
- Counseled and represented a national media company to a favorable resolution in multiparty litigation involving a catastrophic injury to a contractor on the client’s property.
- Successfully defended a claim of racial bias in jury selection to the Supreme Court of Georgia.
- "2019 Georgia Legal Awards - Midsize Firm, Personal Injury Defense: Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers,” Daily ReportDaily Report, 06.20.2019
- Maggiano's Cumberland, 03.22.2019
- Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, 02.22.2018
- “Defendant Damages: Large and Small,” Atlanta Claims Association Educational Seminar, April 2017
- “Auto Injury Litigation: In-Depth Insurance Coverage Analysis,” National Business Institute Auto Injury Litigation Seminar, November 2017
- “Pre-Litigation Handling and Considerations,” Atlanta RIMS Educational Conference, February 2018
- “Deposition Tips and Strategies,” Emory Medical School, June 2018
- “Automobile Litigation Defenses and Strategies,” February 2019
- “Don’t Wait for the Buzzer: Pre-Litigation Best Practices,” Claims Round Table, March 2019
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia
Georgia State University College of Law (J.D., 2008)
Furman University (B.A., 2005)