Dan Kingsley’s practice includes general liability counsel and civil litigation with an emphasis on transportation law, premises liability and products liability. Specifically, he defends motor carriers, their drivers and insurers in all aspects of litigation stemming from motor vehicle collisions.
Dan is regularly involved in the defense of companies for trucking accidents, accidents in industrial settings and wrongful death suits. He also defends product manufacturers in products liability actions and warranty issues with a specific focus on defending automobile manufacturers.
Dan meticulously assesses risk in his clients’ cases to develop a strategy and game plan to mitigate risk to a company and its employees. In addition to handling complex litigation matters, he navigates clients through key actions that must be taken prior to a suit being filed, including full investigation of a claim, preservation of evidence and properly addressing pre-suit demands. With this level of preparation, he also has a track record of favorably resolving cases through negotiation and mediation.
Dan ensures his accessibility to clients and is substantively involved in all aspects of his cases, including the handling of depositions, oral arguments and jury trials. While Dan can appreciate the immediate needs of a client, he is always focused on the bigger picture with a long-term strategy in play.
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016 - 2018
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Georgia Motor Trucking Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Atlanta, Young Leaders Council
- Shepherd Center Society
- Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, 02.22.2019
- Green Manor Restaurant, 04.26.2018
- Westin Atlanta Perimeter North, 02.22.2018
- Webinar, 01.17.2018
- Risk Management, 08.02.2018
- Trux, 09.20.2017
- "What to Do in Case of an On-Site Injury," Risk Management, August 2018
- "Legal Considerations for Onboard Video Systems and Georgia's Law on Video Evidence," Trux, Fall 2017
- “Pre-Litigation Best Practices in Georgia,” Atlanta RIMS Educational Conference, February 2019
- “Minimizing Risk And Exposure From The Accident Scene,” GMTA Safety Council Meeting, April 2018
- “Pre-Litigation Handling and Considerations,” Atlanta RIMS Educational Conference, February 2018
- “Slip and Fall What Happens if Someone is Hurt in Your Facility,” Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, January 2018
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
Butler University (B.S., 2007)