Christy M. Maple practices in the areas of insurance coverage and commercial litigation with an emphasis on third-party liability insurance coverage matters, including bad faith litigation. Christy also practices in the areas of first-party property insurance and fidelity insurance.
Christy currently represents businesses in a range of liability insurance coverage issues, including construction defect claims and long-tail losses under commercial general liability policies. Her clients include premier, multinational insurance and claims management companies.
Representing insurance companies in disputes with corporate policyholders concerning the breadth of policy coverages, Christy helps insurers determine whether an insured corporation or company is entitled to legal defense and indemnification in both pre-suit disputes and litigation with third parties.
Protecting clients’ best interests, Christy concentrates on shielding them from costly suits and litigation. Her careful and prudent analysis of all matters, coupled with the long-term view, provide risk reduction and successful, cost-saving outcomes for her clients.
A world traveler, Christy studied abroad in Germany during college and lived there for a year following law school, teaching English at German university Universität Erfurt as part of the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program. Christy was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship, which she declined in favor of the Bosch Fellowship opportunity. Recent travel destinations include the Amalfi Coast and northern Arizona. Reading takes her on adventures, too. She is a member of two book clubs.
Christy graduated from Vanderbilt University in 2004 with summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa honors and from the University of North Carolina School of Law with honors in 2008.
- Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2016-present
- American Bar Association, Former Vice Chair of the Fidelity and Surety Law Committee of the Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of North Carolina
- Swift Currie Attorneys Participating in Insurance in the Construction Industry Program by the Seminar GroupHilton Garden Inn Midtown/Homewood Suites and Available via Webcast, 03.25.2021
- Webinar, 06.17.2020
- Webinar, 12.11.2019
- Anderson Conference Center, 10.25.2019
- Maggiano's Cumberland, 03.22.2019
- University of Chicago's Booth School of Business, 05.18.2018
- Webinar, 12.07.2017
- Daily Report, 12.01.2020
- "Georgia Judge Serves Ruling for Restaurants Hoping Business Income Insurance Will Cover COVID-19 Losses"Modern Restaurant Management, 10.19.2020
- CLM Magazine, 06.01.2020
- North Carolina
University of North Carolina School of Law (J.D., 2008)
Vanderbilt University (B.S., 2004)