Alicia A. Timm is a senior attorney with Swift Currie who practices general civil litigation focusing primarily on complex automotive injury, mass torts, products liability and premises liability cases.
Alicia has defended manufacturers of products and equipment from a variety of industries including automotive, industrial, pharmaceutical, trucking and consumer goods. She has also defended multiple large insurance companies, supermarket chains and individuals in litigation. Her clients include multiple automotive manufacturers, an international vaccine manufacturer and a manufacturer of industrial electrical equipment. Alicia has represented her clients in multiple state and federal courts including those in Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Alicia has defended the manufacturers and suppliers of motor vehicles in alleged catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases relating to rollovers, airbags, seat belts, unintended movement, seat backs, interior knob and switch placement, push-button start and fire.
Alicia has handled all aspects of claim and case management from inception through trial and resolution and recently was part of the trial team in a multimillion dollar products liability lawsuit. Additionally, she has extensive experience defending and taking depositions, and writing a wide array of motions, including dispositive motions, pretrial motions and appellate briefs.
In all cases, Alicia works to help clients reduce legal expenses, avoid litigation and favorably resolve cases short of trial. She has helped her clients achieve favorable settlements in many complex cases with disputed liability and damages. In addition, Alicia provides counsel to her clients on defense strategies and resolving pre-suit claims.
Alicia is a lifelong musician and is always looking for ways to use her undergraduate degree in flute performance. She enjoys making music with friends she has known since high school and college by playing her flute and piccolo in a community band in Gainesville, Georgia. She also enjoys playing for private events in the Atlanta area.
- Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star by Atlanta Magazine (2013-2014)
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Secured defense verdict in favor of uninsured motorist insurance company defending against claims of John Doe driver.
- Obtained summary judgment for large automobile manufacturer in litigation alleging personal injury from defect in motor vehicle where case was eventually tried to verdict in excess of $1 million against remaining defendant.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurance company in litigation involving whether the company provided uninsured motorist insurance in renewal policies to an employer and whether an injured employee was entitled to coverage.
- The Tort Report, “Georgia Courts Continue to Answer Questions and Provide Guidance in Applying the Apportionment Statute," Spring 2016
University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 2004)
University of Georgia (B.A./B.M., 2001)