Pamela N. Lee
Automobile Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Premises Liability, Products Liability
College of William and Mary (B.S., 2003), Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University (J.D., 2006)
Pamela Lee joined Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, in 2008 and practices in the firm's litigation section. Ms. Lee received her J.D., magna cum laude, from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University in 2006 where she was a member of the Law Review and was a pupil with the William Augustus Bootle Inn of Court. Ms. Lee devotes her entire practice to litigation, including various tort liability litigation, insurance coverage disputes, and the defense of insurance bad faith matters. Her liability practice is wide and varied including premises liability, products liability, automobile liability and general personal injury law. Ms. Lee is an active member of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, serving on the Education Committee and as the Vice Chair of the Younger Lawyers Committee. Ms. Lee has experience in all stages of litigation, including trial and appellate work.
To see Pamela's representative experience, please click here.
Atlanta Bar Association, Board of Directors for the Atlanta Chapter of the William and Mary Alumni Association, Defense Research Institute, Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, State Bar of Georgia
Georgia, U.S. District Courts for the Northen and Middle Districts of Georgia, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Publications and Presentations
- "Allocation of Fault to Criminal Tortfeasors: Conflicting Decisions" - Georgia Defense Lawyers Newsletter (Winter 2012)
- “Apportionment in Georgia: Sharing the Blame” - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, Client Webinar (November 2012)
- “Overview of Tort Law in Georgia” – Association of Corporate Counsel (November 2012)
- “Third Party Bad Faith in Georgia” – Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, Client Seminar: Country Fried Bad Faith (October 2012)
- "Types of Bad Faith Suits in Georgia, Prevention of Bad Faith, Preparing the Insurance Adjuster for a Bad Faith Deposition & Defending a Bad Faith Lawsuit in Georgia" - GDLA Annual Meeting: The Good, the Bad Faith and the Ugly (June 2012)
- "Apportionment of Fault Allowed Where Plaintiff Not at Fault" - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, Tort Report (Spring 2012)
- “Court of Appeals finds Employee’s Assault on Partygoer NOT Within Scope of Employment” - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, Tort Report (Spring 2011)
- “Occurrence Deemed to Occur in Construction Defect Cases in Georgia” - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, Tort Report (Spring 2011)
- “Risk Transfer: Discussing Tactics for Shifting Risks to Other Parties Including Indemnity Agreements, Additional Insurance Clauses, Third Party Practice, Vouchment and Apportionment” - Atlanta Claims Association (January 2011)
- “Business Risk Exclusions in Commercial General Liability Policies” - Association of Corporate Counsel (November 2011)
- “Spoliation of Evidence—Contemporary Status and Trends” - IADC Committee Newsletter, Business Litigation (May 2010) Co-Author
- “Insurance—Bad Faith” - Defense Research Institute, Georgia Chapter (2010) Co-Author
- “Medicare Reporting Update: What You Need To Know” - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, & McAngus, Goudelock & Courie: A Peek in Our Playbook: The Xs and Os of a Solid Defense (October 2009) Co-Author
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Declaratory Judgment Actions in Georgia” - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, & McAngus, Goudelock & Courie: A Peek in Our Playbook: The Xs and Os of a Solid Defense (October 2009) Co-Author
- “Reimbursing Medicare — Georgia’s Uninsured Motorist Law and the “Complete Compensation Rule”” - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, Tort Report (Winter 2008)
Ms. Lee is a native Virginian who now resides in Douglasville, Georgia, with her husband, Chris, son, Jackson and her daughter, Addison. She is also an active member of West Hills Church in Villa Rica, Georgia.