Anandhi S. Rajan
Appellate, Catastrophic Injury & Wrongful Death, Employment Counseling & Litigation, Governmental Liability, Products Liability
Georgia State University College of Law (J.D., 1992), Emory University (B.S., 1988)
Anandhi S. Rajan joined Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers in 1999. She practices general civil tort litigation with an emphasis on employment litigation, civil rights litigation, product liability and general liability cases. Ms. Rajan previously practiced for five years at another Atlanta law firm. She clerked for the Honorable Gail Tusan of the Fulton County Judicial Circuit in 1992 for two years prior to entering private practice in 1994. Ms. Rajan practices in all state and federal courts in Georgia. In addition to trial work, she has had significant experience with alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Rajan is a member of the Defense Research Institute and the State Bar of Georgia (Diversity Steering Committee). In 2005 and 2006, Ms. Rajan was named a Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star by Atlanta Magazine.
Ms. Rajan graduated with a B.S. from Emory University in 1988. She received her law degree from Georgia State University College of Law in 1992.
Defense Research Institute, NRRDA, State Bar of Georgia (Diversity Steering Committee)
Publications and Presentations
- "Understanding ADAAA & FMLA" - UHS Pruitt Healthcare, Norcross, GA (August 2011)
- "EEO & Hiring: The Do's and Don'ts of Interviewing & Hiring" - Spalding Regional Medical Center, Griffin, GA (February 2011)
- "EEO & Hiring: The Do's and Don'ts of Interviewing & Hiring" - Clayton County Public Schools, Jonesboro, GA (January 2011 & November 2010)
- "Cell Phones, PDAs, Blackberries & Cars" - Wells Fargo Client Seminar, Atlanta, GA (October 2010)
- "Georgia Health Care Liens: Considerations for Settlement" - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, client seminar (September 2009)
- "Guns & Roses: Georgia’s Guns at Work Law" - South Metro Atlanta Human Resources Association, Peachtree City, GA (August 2008)
- "The Family & Medical Leave Act" - Pepsico Quaker Tropicana, Atlanta, GA (November 2007)
- "The Family & Medical Leave Act, ADA and Workers’ Compensation" - First Data Corporation, Atlanta, GA (October, 2007)
- "You’re Outta Here! “The Rules of Roster Cuts”" - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, client seminar (October 2007)
- "Spoliation: Pitfalls and Practical Considerations" - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, client seminar (March 2006)
- "Discovery Skills for Legal Staff in Georgia" - Lorman Seminars, Atlanta, GA (July 2006)
- "Discovery Skills for Legal Staff in Georgia Rules Governing Discovery Privileges and Discovery" - Lorman Seminars, Atlanta, GA (July 2005)
- "Joint and Several Liability in Products Liability-Who Pays for What?" - Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP’s Tort Reform Seminar, Atlanta, GA (June 2005)
- "The Role of the Human Resources Professional in Litigation" - North Atlanta GEM, Atlanta, GA (July 2003)
Awards & Recognitions
In 2005 and 2006, Ms. Rajan was named a Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star by Atlanta Magazine. She is also AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. She has also been voted on the Board for the Leadership Institute for Women of Color Attorneys, Inc.
Ms. Rajan enjoys traveling, reading and going to the movies in her spare time.