Ever since friends Glover McGhee and Warner S. Currie teamed up in 1949 to form a small but growing law firm, Swift Currie has been focused on the practice of insurance law. We currently offer a full-range of first-party and third-party coverage advice and litigation services to insurance companies and corporations throughout the Southeast.
We have extensive experience handling the complex coverage disputes that arise from natural catastrophes, business interruption, collapse, machinery failure and loss from fire and theft. And we counsel our clients about their duty to defend and pay in cases of significant injury, property damage, construction defects, advertising injury and business torts.
Other services include:
- Evaluating the legal and factual issues in insurance coverage disputes.
- Conducting examinations under oath.
- Providing formal written legal opinions on the existence and scope of insurance coverage.
- Assisting clients with the selection of qualified experts.
- Filing and defending declaratory judgment actions and other lawsuits.